Go to Main Content
Student Information Web Service
Detailed Award Information
Scholarships, bursaries, & awards recognize excellence in scholastic, athletic, and artistic achievement, as well as demonstrated commitment to community involvement and leadership endeavours, and help reduce financial barriers to pursuing post secondary education. This guide is a comprehensive listing of the scholarships, bursaries, & awards administered by Capilano University.
How to Apply for Awards
Individual applications for specific awards are not required. One online application puts you in the running for most awards. If you have explored the guide and are ready to start your award application, visit:
: if you will be starting your education at CapU next Fall.
Current & Returning Students
: if you are currently attending or have previously attended CapU.
All scholarships, bursaries, & awards are subject to
minimum eligibility criteria
Thank You Matters
Capilano University appreciates the generosity of donors who make Capilano University a priority in their philanthropy. Award donors give generously because they believe in the importance of education and want to help students pursue their dreams. Many of these donors also give in memory of a loved one - a spouse, parent or child who cared deeply about education. Award recipients are encouraged to express their gratitude by
writing a letter of thank you
; receiving this letter is the best thank you a donor can receive.
Awards are offered based on available funding and the information in this guide is subject to change.
Award Detail Information
Capilano Excellence Scholarship (CAPX)
Entrance Awards (for future CapU students)
Capilano University Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards Nomination Committee
Online App. plus Additional Documents
Financial Aid and Awards
Capilano Excellence Scholarships (CAPX) are the premier entrance scholarships awarded by Capilano University. These scholarships are awarded to high school graduates (or equivalent) who have demonstrated excellence in academics and other endeavors and who have shown leadership in their school and community.
The scholarships are valued at up to $56,000 and are in the form of a domestic tuition and tuition surcharge fee waiver for a full academic year of studies (up to $14,000 per year) and are renewable for up to three additional academic years (total of eight terms).
Up to ten of these scholarships are awarded annually.
Note: Applicants must have graduated from high school a maximum of eighteen (18) months prior to the start of their program.
Initial Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
1) Minimum high school GPA of 3.5 (80%), as determined by the University;
2) Open to international students;
3) Demonstrated leadership skills;
4) Community involvement;
5) Registration in a minimum of 12 credits at the 100 level or higher at Capilano University in the fall term following the scholarship selection or in the term during which the student's program starts if other than the fall term;
6) Minimum scholarship eligibility criteria as established by Capilano University, unless otherwise specified above.
Scholarship Renewal Eligibility Criteria:
1) Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5;
2) Undertake studies of 12 credits or more each term (at the 100 level or higher) at Capilano University;
3) Minimum scholarship eligibility criteria as established by Capilano University, unless otherwise specified above.
Application Requires Additional Documentation?:
Skip to top of page
© 2023 Ellucian Company L.P. and its affiliates.